Always makes me smile :]

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Thing # 12- Google Tools

Oh, Google...

When looking through the list of things to explore, the "Google calendar" caught my eye. I am a very organized person, and thought this would be right up my alley. After taking the tutorial to learn more about it, I created an account. It is so easy! It literally only took a few minutes and I had already added several events. I find this service to be very helpful, especially for people with busy life styles. As a teacher, I find this convenient because I can check it from my computer at school, and do not have to worry about trying to find my physical calendar. Less paper= Less mess! For this exercise we are suppose to make it public, and this makes me a bit uncomfortable. It is one thing to view my pictures, but another to know my daily activities. I only added a few things that I thought were OK to be public, and the rest I set to a private setting. Overall, this is a great method for keeping track of events and things to get done.

To view my calendar simply go to Google calendar and type in my name (Angel Gregory) :]

"Google Alerts" was the next thing I decided to research. I also found this service to me helpful and not very complicated. As busy as I am, it really does help to be sent an email as a reminder. Teachers are busy people, and this program helps ensure that it all gets done!

2 comments:

science7 said...

Hi Angel! This is Ronnie.

I enjoyed your blog on Google Calendars!

I will look at that one thanks to your input. This is the first summer that I haVE BLOGGED. I feel so........so bloggy....do you know what I mean?

Hope to hear from you soon.

R. Camp

Summer said...

Angel,

I've used the Google calendar for a while now -- it's a great way to keep track of plans in my non-teacher life, and I'm wondering if I'll use it (or the Outlook calendar, probably) to plan my academic year, too.

My favorite feature is the way it automatically fills in the location when you enter something like "Dinner at Joe's Crab Shack." The event shows up as "Dinner" and then Joe's Crab Shack is listed as the location.

Very cool!