Always makes me smile :]

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Thing #6- Web 2.0 Tools

 I began my search with the "award winners" and was excited to see that Flikr made the list. This is a sight I have wanted to search and get accustomed to for some time now. My sister and nieces are Flikr fanatics, so I am constantly having to call on my daughter or husband to help me if I want to see their latest adventures. 
Setting up an account was nothing difficult; however, I did not like the fact that one must first create a yahoo account. This is not that big of a deal, except for the fact that I already have numerous email accounts that I cannot keep track of! After finding my family's accounts, I began to realize how much they depend on this site to keep track of all their photographed memories. There were hundreds and hundreds of photos! I tried to jump on the bandwagon myself and began adding a few photos, but could not come near to the amount others have posted. I couple of hours later I checked back and noticed I had received comments. It is a great tool to use when trying to stay connected with those one cannot see everyday.
As far as it's use in the classroom/library setting, I cannot see much of one, in less it is a photography class. If one thinks outside the box and has the class write stories about the pictures they are viewing, or analyze them for certain elements it could perhaps work, but overall I believe this is a tool best suited to the home environment.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Maybe an account for a class to documment activities throughout the school year that parents could access would be a good classroom use.