Always makes me smile :]

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Thing #19- Beyond MySpace: other social networks

Other than the Facebook and Gather accounts I joined, I also created an account with Shelfari. I chose this service because I enjoy reading and thought this might be a good way to find out about interesting books I can consider reading this summer.

I intend on using this site even when this class is over. I do not know anyone else who has an account, but that does not mean I can not visit other people's "shelf" to see what they say. I will probably not be using it for socializing purposes, more for learning about what's new and appealing.

College 2.0 sounded interesting because I have a daughter in college and thought she might enjoy this site. I tried to explore it further, but I was not sure of it's point. I think she will probably just stick to facebook for now.

As for the first part of this assignment, I decided to add the "23 Thingsters" badge and countdown widget.

No comments: