Always makes me smile :]

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Thing #16- Get Organized with Web 2.0 Tools


Ok, I am officially amazed. Seriously. I LOVE my homepage! I used iGoogle, and it made this part of the "thing" by far the easiest. It is actually a ton of fun! I set it as my official homepage, and am already enjoying the results. Everything is in one place...Open it up and with one click you are there! (I chose the Dolce&Gabbana leopard print as my background...so cute!)

I specifically chose iGoogle after reading some of the other blogs and seeing how satisfied other people are with this service. I also thought it would be a good choice since I have used Google products for many of the other "things" and feel well acquainted with it.

I have already spoke of the advantages from online calendars. I chose the "Back Pack" for mine and found it easy and fun to set up. Honestly, though, I do prefer "Google Calendars". I have created quite a few, useing Goolge Calendars, for different things I cam trying to keep track of. My daughter even created one to keep track of her work schedule. Paper calendars have tiny boxes, which make it difficult to fit many things, or details, into. With Google calendars, however, you can add as much as you want, because you have to click on the box to get the information. This makes it appear much more organized. The color coding option also helps!

I chose to explore "remember the milk" for my to-do list. I chose this program because I thought the name was cute, and the start page was more appealing to me than the others. It is a cute program, however, I think it is faster to just write things down on paper or with a basic word processing tool (ie Open Office).
One can also add a to-do list to the homepage he created at the beginning of this exercise. This option is more convenient because it is right there when you open up a window, instead of having to go to the web site, sign in, and then view your list.

I believe all of these services can be helpful to one at both home and school. I especially like IGoogle and Google Calendars, as I'm sure you can tell :]

1 comment:

Debbie said...

My iGoogle page has the D&B background too. Great minds....Don't you just love it!