Always makes me smile :]

Monday, July 14, 2008

Thing # 23 - Creative Commons

I was not able to understand the video from YouTube very well, however, it was very cute and entertaining (although the switching of voices gave me a small headache!) Instead, I researched the topic further from googling and reading other articles to gain insight on what this "thing" is about.


"23 Things" is based on the Learning 2.0 program which is adapted from the 43 Things I (or You) might want to do this year and 43 Things. 43 Things is a social networking site where users establish accounts and then share lists of goals (among other things).

Being an educator, I have always known the importance of giving credit for the work one uses. The idea behind Creative Commons, that of reworking things so that they are adaptable to a specific task, puts a new spin on it in a way. This is defiantly something that should be shared with the students!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

And isn't it really nice to know that so many people are willing to share their work so all of us don't have to completly reinvent the wheel.