Always makes me smile :]

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Thing #7- Exploring Flikr

Flickr is so much fun! I will be using Flickr for personal use, and will probably incooporate it into the classroom when I get more accustomed to it. As I said in my last entry, my family has been "Flickr followers" for months now, so I'm glad I finally get to join the fun :]

I have never used another photo hosting service before, unless you count the facebook account my daughter created. I have uploaded pictures onto that program because my daughter loves it, and it is an easy way for her to see what's going on when she is away at college.

Flickr is devoted completely to photography, whereas facebook has different elements. Flickr feels more "adult" to me. I enjoy both services and will continue exploring and learning about them.

Privacy is important to me, but only to a certain extent. I only post items that I feel do not give out too much information about where I live, my phone number, and things of that nature. Yes, there are plenty of weird people on the internet, but then again, there are going to be weird people everywhere. The private option is great for the photos I only want my family to see.

No comments: